August 4, 2012

down the road less traveled

This is a road many do not find. I feel so fortunate to have saw it gleaming in my eyes through the bramble of policies, deadlines and goals that had to be reached....The list goes on and on. I was a real yo-yo, walking amongst the busy crowds in the fast lane of life. Not able to continue on in this manner, I packed up my desk full of many years of personal items and left the city life.
Along my journey I have learned many things that I would have never known had I stayed on the path leading me nowhere. How grateful I am for the wake up call. Walking along this road, the stresses and anxieties are for the most part gone. In this man made world not anything is perfect.
Feeling much richer in my jeans and t-shirts than I ever did in a dress and heels. Now don't get me wrong, I like to get gussied up from time to time. But the sounds of nature are more soothing to me than the money in my bank account. Though I'll never be monetarily rich, I am rich in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might like...