August 12, 2013

Homemade "Dumpin' Doggy" Ice Cream Recipe

3 ingredient Doggy ice cream
It's a good way to help your dog cool down on hot summer days. With only 3 ingredients. This homemade version makes twice as much as the name brands for purchase at retail grocery stores.
 
My dog, Rocky, really enjoys getting one of these tasty treats!
 
I do too! 
 Because it is on the cheap and takes less than ten minutes to prepare. I use a
 tater masher instead of an electric mixer. So, if you use an electric mixer time will be cut back.
The brand at my local market costs about five dollars for four 4oz. cups. 
 
"The result is twice as much for making it myself!" 
 
I can't help it . . . I always get excited when I save money!!

Actually, you can say I pay "me" to prepare it. 
Cha~Ching! 
 I like the way that sounds!!
 
                                 Here's the recipe . . . 
                             Make your puppy proud!
                       
       Homemade Doggy Ice Cream

          One 32 oz. container plain yogurt
3 sliced bananas
1 cup peanut butter
 
Dump all the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
 
 
 Mix together. 
 

Ladle into small freezer containers, solo cups, or small paper cups.


Then place into freezer.
 
 
In a couple hours they will be set.
        You'll be sure to get a "high paw" for these luscious treats! 
 
 Mine always gets Rocky's seal of approval!
 
 
And after a few good licks . . . a chomp!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might like...