March 27, 2013

"Good Morning Mr. Sun, I'm making Seed Matts Today!"

Early Mornin' Sun
A late March sunrise came beaming down upon the fields this morning. It was a very cold 21 degrees at 7a.m. when I opened the door to greet the day. Finally, I felt the warmth of the sun on my face. I gave thanks for the hope of spring destined to arrive, eventually.

The chickens, rooster and turkeys were already out in their run.  Happy in the sunshine while prancing and squawking about.  Maybe later today they can be let to roam. Poor things. They are tired of the winter too.

Over to the barn is the next stop in my routine. Billy and Chloe Goat were sunning themselves as they lay on their beds of straw. A wonderful sight to watch the sunbeams dance with clouds of straw dust peeking through the barn walls.

We've been filling our extended snowed in springtime with preparing indoors with some old and new gardening ideas. The latest is a simple seed mat you can make yourself, CHEAP!

Homemade Seed Mats
Sitting at my computer bored stiff as bored stiff can be. I was eagerly longing to get outside and play in the dirt. A friend posted it on Facebook.

This is so easy! All you need are glue, seeds and cheap napkins (we used 2ply paper towels & just separated them).

                                            Happy Matting!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

You might like...